1. Plan your project Use multiple strategies - parts may be laser-cut, 3D printed or CNC milled by the RPCenter - parts can also be produced by manual means or bought. Pick the best strategy for each part you need. You may consult with the manager (email@example.com) or RPCenter staff for guidance.
2. Prepare your CAD (Computer Aided Design) models CAD files are the driving force of the Rapid Prototyping technologies. For each technology there are specific guidelines that must be followed in preparing your CAD files to achieve the best results. CAD preparation is the student's responsibility.
3. Submit your request online Use the online submission system (red link below) to create your request. You can choose the technology, upload your CAD files, communicate your specific concerns and track the progress of your job using this handy resource. You can also view the queues for the various machines using the same link. Your professor must have created a project for your class that you choose on the submission form. If no projects appear, tell your professor to create a project and that they can go to the Professors' Page for information on how to do this.
4. Sign the RPCenter Agreement Form. Hard copies are available in the RPCenter. You must only do this once for your entire DAAP involvement. The form states that you will be responsible for charges you approve online using the Online Submission System. Give the finished form to any RPCenter employee.
5. Watch your email The RPCenter staff will be emailing you for your input. We may need to have you edit your CAD files or clarify your intent. We will finally give you an estimated price that you must either approve or deny. If you approve it (by revisiting the Online Submission System) your job will progress to next queue. In most cases, this is the machine queue. When your job is finished, you will receive an email informing you to come to the RPCenter to pay the final fee and pick up your completed work. You may view the online submission system to see what queue your job is in along the process.
6. Pick up your completed work Payment is expected at this time. Payment options are: BearCat card, exact cash, or check to UC. Credit cards must be processed by the main office at DAAP - you will need to bring the RPCenter a copy of the receipt before you pick up your work.