One of the more invaluable aspects of the DAAP Computer Graphics Center is it's ability to produce high-quality plots for a cheap and affordable price. You are able to send plot jobs to the plotter from our labs or from your laptop if you have wireless printing set up.
Plotting at the CGC
The CGC currently has a single black and white plotter. For color plots you must go to the photo lab. The plotter is now self-serve so you no longer have to go to the help desk to get things plotted. Before submitting your job for printing please check the "Things to Remember..." section to be sure that your file is formatted correctly.
Things to Remember When Plotting:
There are a few rules to remember when you are preparing files to plot.
- The file must be flattened and saved in the TIFF format
- JPEG files are also acceptable, however TIFF files are recommended as they are better quality than JPEG files.
- The maximum DPI is 300, the minimum is 150 DPI
- Plots are $1 per linear inch, with a maximum width of 41" (the paper is 42", but max printable area is 41")
- The maximum length is 180" (15')
- Sometimes there will be no wait to plot, other times (especially towards the end of the quarter) there could be a considerable wait. Plan ahead!
- Once through the queue or if there is no line, plot times are typically 1 minute per inch (i.e. A 30" plot will be printed and dry in approximately 30 minutes)